We have vacancies for experienced Childrens Support Workers in St Neots (PE19) supporting young people with Emotional Behavioural Needs, Autism and some Challenging Behaviours.
FULL/PART TIME AVAILABLE , ALONG WITTH PERMANANT POSISTIONS AND TEMP.
Successful applicant will be part of a team that specialises in delivering the best support to these young individuals year round. You will be supporting in activities, education, life skills, health and emotional well-being of the young people in your care.
A Childrens Support Worker role will involve:
* Supporting children aged 8-18 in full time residential care and semi independent care.
* Setting boundaries for children and young people that may display challenging or emotional behaviour, whilst developing a relationship built on mutual trust
* To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
* Support Workers play a key role in contributing to the physical, social and emotional well-being, in order to provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere
* To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the homes policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful environment
* To be able to complete detailed reports and paperwork surrounding the young person, as well as liaise with all professionals involved in the support, including Social Workers and Local Authorities. This will involve being on the computer.
* Evidence of successfully working with young people
* Awareness of safeguarding young people
* Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
* High degree of resilience
* Good communication skills
* Basic understanding of computer skills
If you fit the above specification and would like to join the team, please respond to this email declaring your interest, call 01707 682 944 or apply online via www.servocahealth.com.