What are we looking for?
Children Support Workers
What do we offer?
- Weekly pay!
- Free training!
- Competitive rates!
LOCATION’’S: Aylesbury Town, St Neots Town
FULL TIME POSITIONS AVALIBLE AND TEMP!
We are looking for Support Workers who can work with young people with Mental Health, Autism and EBD. We are looking for candidates who have the enthusiasm and passion to want to make a difference to children and young people in care. Our clients support young people within semi-independent services and want candidates to be able to promote a positive and healthy lifestyle for the young person to eventually live independently. For this role we will need staff to be able to complete long days, sleep in shifts or waking nights.
Are you looking for something NEW? Please call the office and speak to Michelle the Branch Manager!
WEEKEND AND SHIFT WORK: YES
* Drivers preferred not essential
* DBS - A Enhanced Disclosure Baring Service Check will be required for this post.
* We are a progressive company who rewards our employees well for their hard work in making a difference to young people’’s lives.
To meet the child’’s emotional needs through providing a structured environment which as far as possible builds on the strengths of the child’’s experience in their natural family or previous placement.
* Always make decisions in the best interest of the children
* Liaise with schools, providers and parents
* Attend meetings where required
* Act as key worker for allocated child
* Do everything possible to uphold a safe, clean environment for residents
* Safeguard children
* Responding to the physical and emotional needs of children and at all times, assisting them to settle at bedtime, and sensitively waking them in the morning
* Complete day to day paperwork/reports. Ensure that the standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld and the standards of the service.
* Work as a team
* Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations
* Ensure home is safe and secure (safeguard children)
* Understand each child’’s needs and requirements
* To adhere to relevant professional and administrative practices and procedures
* Ensure children are receiving high quality care as per their placement plans
* Contribute to the smooth running and creation of a good atmosphere within the best interests of the children
* Build and maintain good relationships with the children and other members of staff whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism
* To be responsible in the event of fire, for raising the alarm, alerting the fire brigade and assisting in the evacuation of young people to a place of safety
* To respond to telephone calls made to the unit during periods of duty in a professional and courteous manner. To record the content of telephone conversations in the appropriate record book
If you feel this is the position for you, please call 07900743905 immediately, ask for BRITTANY and reference this post.